Crayon Rings

27 Jul 2010

CRAYON COLOUR JEWELLERY

The inner child in me would still like to pick up some waxy crayons and colour some flowers trees and horses and bees. But it would have never occurred to me that they would come in form of a ring. If unlike this hyena, the voice of your inner child is silent, wouldn't these make a perfect goodie for the young toddlers, if considering they are affirmly able to stick to only doodling on paper.

These creations are designed by Timothy Liles and feels "the Crayon Rings have proven to be a product with true mass appeal. They seem to hit a nostalgic and happy spot for so many different types of people, and that makes me happy."

The product has taken off and is sold in shops, museums, and galleries all over the world such as the Future Perfect in Brooklyn, the Tate Gallery in London, Oye Modern in Australia, The Norweigan Centre for Design and Architecture in Oslo, Handmade in Switzerland, the list goes on.

21 Comments:

  1. Takes mee back to my childhood, very nostalgic and feel good piece of jewellery.




    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I never really liked the smell of crayons and they are kinda messy (I don't want my pretty clothes to be ruined) I love them! I really would like one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the child in me is still alive. :)
    Have a great day!





    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI

    Its great to see that your so passionate about everything you do. Really enjoy your website and I am
    regular visitor.

    Tara Murray

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the sweetest comment, dear. and how gorgeous are these bracelets? they're so fun and colourful, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaahh nostalgic!! i love coloring!!! i love rings!! and this thing is so perfect! hahah!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh love these! <3 so so much~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. so awesome ^^ i wonder if its possible to make some :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. cuuuute! my materialistic senses are tingling..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!
    They're so fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so interesting! I never knew these existed!

    And they really do bring me back to childhood!

    Best wishes from one blogger to another,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha!! What will they come up with next?! These are cute, and probably a great gift for a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha 10 years ago and I would be the COOLEST OF THE SCHOOL!! haha


    CRAZY!
    I LOVE EM!






    LA

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE crayons!! This is such a great idea!! xxoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crap these are awesome. Want want want.
    x

    PS. Stop by and enter my Marc Jacobs giveaway !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are very cool. :)

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are something I really need. I'm addicted to coloring. I love to draw and sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are BRILLIANT!
    Bet you could make some great art with them too!!
    Crayons make me happy :)
    xoxoxo
    The Beckerman Girls

    http://www.beckermanbiteplate.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh boy, I tried eating a white crayon before...that really takes me back! haha . hmm, wouldn't the wax melt in extreme heat? they are super cool any how

    xxo. f ashioncont a gious

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010