Ask her friends Review

19 Oct 2012


Buying a gift for someone special should be one of the most natural things in the world, right? So why when we try to get something for our wife, girlfriend, sister, friend or mum is it such a struggle - with countless hours of searching, browsing and agonising? 

How often have you heard this? 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus', I usually never buy into this Mars vs Venus notion, but can't help, but feel sorry for the opposite sex, when it comes to gift buying for those special occasions, that is, until NOW! .... Ask her friends is a unique gift-giving experience aimed largely at clueless males, and of course anyone could make use of this nifty service now, not just the men. 

Courtesy of Ask Her Friends I was given the opportunity to review the site and find a suitable gift for a friend at no charge. I found if you use the nifty idea map, it is super helpful, 1. select the person 2. select the budget 3. select their interests, which goes on to recommend several products that should suit the person you are gifting. Here is what I chose :
GIFT CHOSEN :  ROTARY APPLE PEELER
The advise list is my FAVOURITE : pick items which you think would work and then ask her/his friends via the button, for a yay or a nay, pretty foolproof.  - The Rotary Apple Peeler via Labour and Wait was the WINNER! Since my friend loves to bake!  





I've always been curious to see how a rotary apple functions! and the gift was a big hit ! I now look forward to tasting an indelible supply of Apple Turnovers!! Yes Guilty!! my secret ulterior motive to giving this gift :) 

Forget dropping hints so big, just drop Ask her friends on them!   

10 Comments:

  1. This seems like the perfect solution with Christmas around the corner, Shame it's not in France.

    Looove the apple rotatory gadget, great images, apple turnovers, I'm craving them now!

    Enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool gift. I would get an apple peeler for myself. Now I want some apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds too perfect<3 & how amazing is that apple gadget?! I wish I could use it on all my fruits~ Make swirly fruit slices ^.~ Am I the only one that thinks it would be pretty awesome? Haha~

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noo, haha your are not the only one! Swirly fruit slices would look more delightful :)

      Delete
  4. great post & nice blog! maybe we follow each other? let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The peeler in action - on Japanese TV: http://blog.labourandwait.co.uk/post/33951372603/the-apple-peeler-corer-and-slicer-is-a-curious

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, that's pretty sweet. I love apples!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea, the website is great. Gotta check it out right now! :D

    Love, Mary ♡ Fashionbirds

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is one heck of a clever idea! agreed 100%, takes the pressure solely off the person on the search and that's smart. the apple peeler is wicked cool, love it!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010