Romance Was Born SS 2011/12

3 May 2011

Photo's courtesy of Zimbio & There are ghosts & Style Bubble & Sonny Vandevelde


Wild Aussie label 'Romance was Born' once more demanded attention from the pack, looking to the imagination and emotion to guide their collection. Reflecting the art deco royalty and eccentric romantic movement decorously,  Reason and logic can yield the known and the limited but the spontaneous overflow of imagination can give life to a otherworld like fairytale, like this collection of ancient Aztec prints, queen-ship hair and head accessory turbans, adorned with pearls and embellishments. I would probably do it a disservice if I thought the hair Cinnamon bun style slightly reminded me of Princess Leia? Hum I think so! okay lets scratch that. 

7 Comments:

  1. The hair turbans and jewelled embellished dress is exquisite!! 1920's 1930's razzle and dazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Aztec printed leggings look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, they look like dolls, so pretty :) loving the bold colours and prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the name of the label.and i love their dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Princess Leia was my first thought too ;) But I kind of like it though...probably because I wish I had the skills and patiente to do my hair more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an eclectic collection! Love that they drew inspiration from so many sources, but the final product is both creative, but wearable! There's a few pieces in there I would love to have in my closet :)

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010