{DIY} Spike Hair Comb

31 Aug 2011

August is almost over (sniff sniff) but not before I share this super DIY by the primo pair Erica and Lauren of  Honestly WTF. They have DIY’d Maison Michel’s metal spike comb, seen in Paris below. As for DIY's, this one looks completely do-able, even I couldn't possibly mess this up, Uh-oh, now I said it .. anti jinx potion needed, yes not a little superstitious. 

You’ll need:
liquid super glue (not gel)


Start by adding a small amount of liquid super glue to one end of the comb. Place a metal spike on top of the glue and hold it in place for at least 30 seconds. Let it dry completely before letting go.


Glue another spike to the other end of the comb. Then, using a ruler, place the rest of the spikes along the length of the comb to make sure there is enough spacing between each spike.


Continue glueing each spike, alternating from one side to another.


Stick the spiked comb in a bed of teased and tousled hair!

top image via Style.com; rest of images by HonestlyWTF

Also check out the : DIY Luv Aj Handpiece

12 Comments:

  1. Sweet jesus have mercy. defs wanna try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am doing this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUST try this. What an amazing idea!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so clever!! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing I soo need to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like a SPIKE MOHAWK! very CLEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH LOVE. Great way to SPICE up any outfit! I totally need to invest in some of these spikes - great way to bedazzle goodies.

    and btw - I love your post below. TOTALLY AGREE. I love fashion, but I hate the connotations of frivolity associated with it. Well put, my dear.


    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! really? very very very cool!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww so glad I have long hair now...I'm gonna try this for sure!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to do this. It's almost like wearing a spiked crown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very inventive yet so simple to create ... but the look on the otherhand is strinking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010