Music Monday : Olympic Games 2012

30 Jul 2012


I think I'm in danger of succumbing to an Olympic overload, that was pretty much all I watched this weekend. I was speed gazing through 25 TV Olympic channels provided by the BBC, it is overwhelming to say the least, the unease started to creep in whether I overlooked an event or missed team GB and other favourite nations. I think this overwhelmed me more-so than the actual opening ceremony, even with the likes of Mr Bean, James Bond, Mary Poppins and 'you know who' making an appearance.

My Olympic OCD has since subsided just a tad! work eating showering netflix and walks to the park have taken care of it. Sharing a mix of uplifting tracks along with a genre of hiphop, indie and classic soundtracks.  

TRACKLIST
01 First Steps - Elbow 
02 Heart of Courage - Two Steps From Hell
03 Hall of Fame - The Script ft will.i.am 
04 The Champ is Here - Jadakiss 
05 Moving Mountains - Two Steps From Hell
06 It's My Life - Bon Jovi 
07 The Fighter ft Ryan Tedder - Gym Class Heroes 
08 Time - Hans Zimmer
09 Hoppipolla - Sigur Rós
10 Pursuit of Glory - Jhameel Blue Satellite Mix 
11 Huddle Formation - The Go Team
12 Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
13 The Winner is - Devotchka
14 Winner - Justin Timberlake ft TI 
15 We are the people - Empire of the Sun

Listen 

Last week I was admittedly surprised to see this little blog featured on a list by IFB, titled Olympic Fever: 18 UK Blogs With Serious Style I very much appreciated the mention. Thank You ! this hyena was then able to hold up her tail and forward over the back, signalling animation!   

Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend whether action packed or kicking back ?!

7 Comments:

  1. Cant wait for the track games.

    I'm listening to this as I type ;) great mix of songs! Really got me motivated!

    just what I needed hun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it


    http://haideeandco.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Story of my life! Wake up, olympics, school, olympics, bed, olympics, wake up, olympics..........
    Empire of the Sun HELL YEAH
    I walk to school to that (after and prior to watching the olympics)
    Fantastic picks.
    The Lovelorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this :D And congrats on the feature on IFB, it's true you seriously got style :))

    Love, Mary ♡ Fashionbirds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! Mary appreciate the compliment! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I'm going to have to check out your playlist on Spotify. Some of the songs I do recognize are pretty awesome, so I'm sure the rest of the list is too :)

    BTW - Sorry I've been MIA lately! They've blocked all my favorite blogs at work making it harder to post and comment. But I've missed your posts, so I'm going to try to poke my head around these parts more often. Thanks for always dropping by to visit :) Hope you're enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010