MV Playlist ○ G-DRAGON ○ LUPE FIASCO ○ PSY

29 Aug 2012

○ G-DRAGON One Of A Kind


Singer songwriter producer G-Dragon combines de novo style, charisma, showmanship, and the ability to mark the essence of his prowess as a performer in this much anticipated music video. The “ helloooo “ is echoing in my head. This Korean Hip-Hop track is just the intro to G-Dragon's latest new album, propelling a flurry to what more could be in store. 
○ lupe fiasco 

I have to profess I am a super LAZY lyric listener, usually the beat and melody grabs my attention first, yet I'm swayed to listen to Lupe's lyrics as he spits something meaningful over pop-esque, BUT I've never got round to having a good proper listen! The above track " Battle Scars " has a sumptuous shout-a-long chorus by Guy Sebastian creating a terrific ear-worm.



Lupe Fiasco’s intention was to start a dialogue with this conscious track , the conversation about girls self identifying as “bad bitches”.  I really appreciate this song, a vivid story teller and It doesn’t get much simpler than the chorus.

How do you feel about the term "a Bad Bitch?" Everyone has their own definition when it comes to the word “BITCH” I know it can also be used as a term of endearment between women as in “That’s My BITCH.” Can women use and reclaim the word “bitch” or “bad bitch” as an empowerment tool ? 
○ PSY Gangnam Style


PSY has entertained the masses in Korea for over a decade, I've heard his live concerts are boss! Glad to see this MV has gone viral and the invisible horse dance is just PSY all over.  

6 Comments:

  1. I love me some Lupe Fiasco! Excuse me while I YouTube every one of the videos now.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this music roundup! I absolutely adore "One of a Kind", and I'm so glad that G-Dragon is back to rap... I was not really feeling the electronic/pop of "Heartbreaker".

    As for Lupe, I did listen to "Bitch Bad", and I know what he was trying to do, but I think I'll need to read the lyrics to totally comprehend instead of just listening to the lyrics. I think he's saying that men and women alike shouldn't be calling anyone a bitch, especially themselves, which is fine. Personally, I don't have an issue with the word "bitch" itself, but with WHY a man would call a woman a bitch. As for women who call themselves "bad bitches", I guess they've fallen for the rap hype that that's somehow a good thing. Finally, I find the ones who actually call themselves bad bitches really aren't doing shit, so... LOL

    Sorry for this essay of a comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not at all! always welcome such comments! :)

      Delete
  3. Kudos to Lupe Fiasco for creating dialogue it can only be a good thing! I've never used the lingo 'bad bitch' I can understand some women trying to reclaim the term as an empowerment tool, but a man period should never use the term 'Bitch' in their everyday life.

    I'm not aware of GDragon but he has presence - like him! nice share of MV's hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed you posted Lupe! He is such an underrated artist, nice to see him featured on your blog :D

    and oh dear, PSY haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers hun! :) hope you're enjoying the summer break ?

      Delete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010