Snapshots No.13 : Neoprene + Scuba

9 Apr 2013



01 // 02 // 03 // 04 // 05 // 06 // 07 // 08

Life moves on in its neoprene road, albeit I'm rewinding back to the moment when my sister and I, owned matching neoprene black biker jackets with silver striped arms during high school. There was nothing back then anything remotely like these jackets, I haven't a clue what an earth possessed us to buy them, I think I should ACCUSE my mum who paid for them, but yeah! we wore them from time to time..but note not on the same day! 

It never occurred to me that these jackets were made out of neoprene material. Never did I fathom the sort of fabrics I wore, the terminology alone would be like a dull science lesson, I'm still apathetic today with textile fashion terminology.  But I was partially aware....I THINK! the jacket had a scuba diving look & feel to it.

Alas, never was it worn once again after entering College at 16. Hmmm I'm sorta nostalgic & disappointed that we got rid of them, though I don't recall when and how, but in hindsight it was probably a blessing. ~ I'm pinky promising, I will don the neoprene once again !  

24 Comments:

  1. great post
    lovely dress
    http://thedesire.blogs.elle.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your picks! Especially the neoprene printed sweater

    Charlotte
    www.deconstrut.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you and your sister owned neoprene jackets in high-school!! :-)

    I still have some of my old clothes in my attic and can't prise myself away from them, because of sentimental factor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not so big on stiff materials, but your collection is pretty cool. That jacket, ughh I'd like to own it haha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A neoprene Jacket sounds cool. Not sure I can envision myself wearing the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dig the neoprene texture. I like my fabrics soft and sturdy! Dig the lavender dress the most!
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the scuba knit everywhere! Neoprene's my favorite fabric, so it's wonderful to see a more wearable & lighter option.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Especially love nr 2! Great and beautifully composed post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm obsessed with that jacket!And on what you said about textiles, I think its kind of interesting to know what your clothes are made of, it can give you an edge in the industry, but I loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress is so cute! Just think of it as being ahead of the trend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ansolutely adorable ♥♥♥

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the skirt and the dress! I have never worn something made of neoprene but I think that would be interesting to try out ^^

    Fashionably Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never owned anything neoprene but J.W Anderson for Topshop definitely tempted me!
    Great collection of pieces here!

    www.monadot.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came through to your blog from Heart IFB. I am really loving the overall design and layout of your blog! Great content, too! Love the geo rabbit ring from your previous post =).

    <3Jo
    www.thelittledandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm.. Cute AND waterproof?!
    :) Love the white tank!
    -jen
    www.stylecurated.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so here for neoprene! I really want a skirt or jacket made of the stuff, but I haven't found a piece yet that's made me say, "Yes, this is the one" so I'm still holding out... someday my "neoPrence" will come.

    P.S. Still thinking about the music thing and I will get back to you with some ideas (something fast and easy, I know you're busy) :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. okay, I'd probably die for these clothes, gosh! Neoprene, I need some clothes in that fabric but I don't think there's a shop in Switzerland where I can find this. That sweater is AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really cool! Fashionable and waterproof! With all the rain, I need that ASAP.

    xoxo,
    Betina
    The Boyfriend Project

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sweater with print is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay so I kinda need that sweater. I swear neoprene looks so cool on racks but when I put it on I look so frumpy!x

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nostalgia over our jackets <3

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010