Sochi Games Snow Web Surfing

24 Feb 2014

RED + BLACK OUTFIT RUSSIAN STYLE

I'm hiding behind my Nexus tablet with a sheepish snarl. In the spirit of the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, I decided to hit the snow slopes, MY VERY FIRST TIME. I'm woeful at ice skating, I'm usually holding on to the side-rails for dear life, but I was completely hooked watching the half pipe snowboarding at the Sochi Games.

I was compelled to give snowboarding a try. I wasn't expecting any miracles but instead of the half-pipe life, it quickly turned into a hard knock life! my balance and posture was all over the place! It didn't take long for me to swiftly take off the snowboard and do what I do best. . . Surf the Web ! instead of Surf the Snow. I'm a avid spectator of most sports so catching up with live sports scores are a must! Liverpool FC were having another entertaining match at Anfield. I made it home just back in time to watch the fireworks of the Olympic Games closing ceremony.  


Work, Blog or PLAY, I pretty much never go without my portable office, consisting of

+ Nexus Tablet  ( Google Maps, Email, Websurf, Twitter, Phonecalls, Camera and Music etc apps )
+ Headphones 
+ Roku Player ( Streams pretty much anything on the big screen for entertainment purposes )
+ Laptop ( Photoshop , Illustrator and Blogging ) 

I'm known to take the tablet with me everywhere, even whilst I'm having a soak in the bath, I think there is a term for my condition, it is called (IAD) Internet addiction disorder, it makes commuting on trains and buses a less of a chore. I try avoid lugging my laptop around, but it's a must for my use of Photoshop and Illustrator. 

If you're interested in entering the @CurrysPCWorld competition to win a Microsoft Surface Pro 2, click here! folks. Good Luck. 

5 Comments:

  1. I LOVE your snowboarding outfit !! with the red and black plaid.

    I'm hooked on using my gadgets, I try to keep them away only during meal times.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fur black hat is RAD. I WANT.

    I take my tablet with me everywhere too, I have the Samsung Galaxy note, my bf was thinking of buying the Nexus instead of the IPAD Mini, any good ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend the new Nexus 7. I had brought mine in the U.S when it had just released, so I was able to save a few bob. The size is perfect in my hand compared to the iPad mini. :)

      Delete
  3. Hahaha well it doesn't even snow over here so... BTW I was also in the market for a tablet and obviously thinking of going down the Apple road. Might need to do some research rather than going for the obvious. Thanks love!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong with the iPad, but everyone around me had the exact same and I just felt like I needed something different than Apple :) and I came across the new Nexus 7 just released in the U.S. and I've been happy with it since day one!

      Delete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010