Halloween 2010 Flames and Smoke Aftermath

1 Nov 2010

MY HAIR TURNED CHARCOAL
My sisters and I, decided to visit the Fright Night event at Stockfeld park on Saturday, where lurking in the forest near midnight and staggering into ghouls and beasts fully in character with chainsaws, turned out to be a surreal and exhilarating experience. At times when bumping into the creepy characters, you had to question if they were in fact not real! But the real eye-opener and horrifying experience was when my HAIR SET ON FIRE! I kid you not! on the Halloween night, while we were kitted out with halloween lights and candles and spooky music.


We were aiming to frighten the children, but instead ended up terrifying myself and sister who saw my hair up in flames after the candle on the windowsill caught my hair. My poor sister! I really gave her a fright, the night ended in stupor. The whole incident just happened in a matter of seconds accompanying Mike Myers Halloween theme playing in the background. THAT was the end of that night, we felt we summoned something evil in the house, looking back it was probably just an accident. We were filming silly moments with our masks on the iphone, just as we got really into the spirit. Watching them back now we can laugh, but a tinge of eeriness surrounds it knowing only a few minutes after my hair and side of my face was billowing with flames. I've added some footage below of my sisters clowning around in their masks.

To top it all off, I have my appointment at the hairdressers tomorrow morning, she will not like the state of my hair, I've decided to chop half of the length off now. It's a good job my hair grows quick To see more random photo's continue to clickity...



8 Comments:

  1. that sounds terrifying I hope it wasn't too traumatising. On the one front- I'm sure it will always be a memorable Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I'll have to check out the videos when I get home because they block it at work, but how awful about your hair! Sorry that the mood was dampened because of the incident. If it's any consolation, one year my friends and I were playing around with the Ouija board and a lot freaky things happened, including waking up to my recently adopted pup (from the pound) dead on the bathroom floor. I kid you not! It was horrible and I was terrified for weeks after that! I'm sure you feel slightly better about a few burnt strands knowing it's not a dead pup :o/ Plus, on the bright side, you'll have to experiment with a new do! I hope you debute it here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Maddy that sounds awful :( poor pup, I can imagine you were terrified after that! after watching The exorcist when I was 12, I said to myself I will never play around with a Ouija board. Heard many a true stories, including yours now!

    To be honest I wasn't fussed about my hair, I just didn't want my scalp to burn, luckily my sister grabbed a towel, I blame it on the hairspray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha the video in red is spooky, lovin the thriller moves as well! Was this before the hair I take it?

    Fright Night at the park sounds thrilling! Great photo's btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you shampooed your hair four times, I'm sure I could still smell the smoke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the videos, including the dancing skeleton!! Very "creeptastic" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Sony NOPE! that was probs coming from your cigarette smoke laden Jacket! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a night, how great it is to be reminded when we hear halloweens theme tune etc. Oh god the image x

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010