Hyena's Gift Guide : Valentines

10 Feb 2011

 love buttonCamera Diana F Valentines Gift Charity{Click on any item to see more}
If you're anything like me, when every year ~ Valentine's Day loom's, you end up, reflecting whether 14th Feb is a commercial hype? or opportunity to celebrate romance?  It's that special day when chocolate manufacturers and greetings card companies encourage you to demonstrate the extent of your affection, in a  somewhat crass cold mercenary air. The notion of offering a note/greeting to the one you may love or pursue used to be captivating, Masses readily expect flowers, chocolates, fancy restaurants and jewelery. Since sadly everybody will try to execute slight variants of the same plan. 

Choose something different, personalize your V Day! and Hey if you don't want to shell out a bankroll, my usual way to conquer it all ... is to carouse Valentine's Day by prohibiting any large currency spent for Valentine's Day.  I call it 'DESTITUTE lovers' molding it as quixotic as possible.        

14 Comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of V Day, I haven't even thought of it until now! I like the charity the causes idea.

    May see if there's anything like that over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like vday... I just think it is a fun holiday and I love red, hearts and chocolate :)

    XX
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute items! and thanks for the heads up ^^ im glad im not the only one wth probelms with contacts XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love roses on any other day besides Valentines Day, it just seems sometimes slightly contrived.

    Simple romantic gestures work or with a personal touch, like you mentioned.

    Sadly the men from the era of 1950's and before could pull off traditional romantic gestures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That limited edition Diana is AWESOME!! But before I tackle another camera, I need to master my Holga. Can you belive I've yet to develop a good roll of film. None of my pics have come out thus far :o/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Maddy Same here, but I go one further by not bothering to buy film, since I received my Lomo Diana Camera nearly two years ago. It's still sitting in it's packaging on my bedroom shelf! T_T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the camera :)
    And I, myself am not a big fan of Valentine's day. Maybe because it's only about that ONE person you love, while Christmas is more about everyone you love. That's why I always gave presents to everyone I love on V-day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never buy gifts for Valentine's...I just like to think about it as a celebration of love...but to be honest I never celebrate it! :)
    btwthis charity thing sounds a good and if I was a person into Vday I would definitely go for it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. these were wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these vday ideas!


    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love roses on any other day besides Valentines Day, it just seems sometimes slightly contrived. Thanks for my favorite romantic post.

    Etnies Shoes UK | Vans Trainers UK | Boots Shoes UK

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010