Review: The Gob Stopper

18 Mar 2013

Click ‘N’ Mix allows you to fill a traditionally stylish Kilner jar full of the retro sweets you love and get them delivered straight to you.
Pick 'n' mix in my bloom days was like a wonderful bag of tricks, back when penny pick and mix sweets were actually closer to costing pennies, but now I don't have to save pocket money for a week, no more. Yet scouting around I rarely see family run independent businesses who are thriving amongst the big chain supermarkets, displaying their beloved glass sweet jars.

Courtesy of The Gob Stopper I tried the Click ‘N’ Mix, which is an online pick n mix, catering towards your nostalgic sweets buds but you also get to keep the beloved Kilner glass jar too with the delightful nifty clip top. I got to choose three or more specific types of sweet from the long list of favourites and they arrived in a couple of days packaged neatly and securely. 

I chose my faves White Chocolate Mice.. Icy Chocolate Cups & Black Jacks. Opening the jar unleashed the classic retro sweet aroma. My jar is sat in the study and it looks so nice that I almost didn't want to eat the sweets, but that didn't last long! I think it makes for a thoughtful gift sending a jar of memories, from a family run business, rekindling our love affair with retro sweets. 

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane! What is your favorite sweets in a pick and mix ? 

14 Comments:

  1. Oh just stop reviewing sweets and chocolates! I'm always drooling haha! It sounds like they're delish x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sweets are one of my true loves of the confectionery world. :-)

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Such a good idea for a gift.
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I'm heading over there right now - this is sweet, no pun intended!

    http://rhythmandruffle.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love anything sour- lemon heads, sour belts, tamarind to name a few. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a perfect gift for friends and family! The jar is so cute!

    ravenmaidenmaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the post! Great blog, so I'm a new follower on bloglovin =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome.

    Have a Wonderful Day,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea! I love the retro design and sweets would love to give this as a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sweets! I have checked out the website and all the candies look delicious! and the chocolate...
    this is perfect to increase my chocolate addiction!! haha

    Fashionably Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely Done !!!
    BraveChica.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. yum delum! you have the greatest knack for sourcing these hot spots out, i'm loving this idea :) the little mice would be one of my choices too and i adore that darling jar. it's a keeper for sure! terrific gift idea. ♥

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010