Tasty Things No.7 : Wimbledon

1 Jul 2013



For the game of lawn tennis there’s no better symbol than Wimbledon, I was super buzzed about 2013's Grand Slam and what it would entail. Note, I follow tennis all year round but it's that tad more special when it's a home slam.

It's safe to say that so far Wimbledon has been nothing short of surprises, I'm an affable supporter of Rafa Nadal, and it was a huge blow to see him out at the 1st round and along the way many top seeds have been knocked out, which personally, diminishes my excitement but nevertheless I'm rooting for Andy Murray. If you're not into the tennis malarkey? ... patisseries, finger sandwiches and strawberries, served with tea or champagne, will get you into the spirit !!

Row 1 :

Blue Tennis Dress Dots at Need Supply by Dusen Dusen : : Tennis Ball DIY Holder at Apartment Therapy

Row 2 :

circa 1960, used on tennis courts Numbers Note Pad / Journal by vintage scraps at Etsy
Wimbledon Afternoon Tea at the Dorchester Hotel

Row 3 :

Tennis Racket Mirror by Snug Interiors : : Herschel Settlement Tennis Racket Print Backpack at  Glass Boutique 

Row 4 :

Lola's Wimbledon tennis cupcakes : : White nails ideal for Wimbledon 


7 Comments:

  1. eeewww mai gersh.
    Loving the tennis racket mirrors! Too cute!
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was playing tennis for 12 years so I'm all into it! And this years Wimbledon was one bi surprise! The last one was with Wiliams - have you watched? Hahah, interesting... Cool post, dear :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did, the Williams and Lisicki match another surprising result! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not a huge tennis fan but then, no one told me there was tennis-shaped cake involved!
    Having said that, I have been to Wimbledon and have seen Nadal play-great day!

    www.monadot.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pretty amazing to see them play tennis in full flight before your eyes. I had the great experience in Monte Carlo.

      Delete
  4. I used to play tennis, and I still enjoy playing it but I HATE watching it. Can. Not. Get. Into. It. Weird I know, but I can dig those nom-alicious cupcakes! ;o)

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a Player, not a Spectator - it makes sense too! :-)

      Delete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010