Tiny Tribute to Alexander McQueen

15 Apr 2010

It's still very sad, to think of Alexander McQueen's tragic demise, but I wanted to share with you all my white and gold Alexander McQueen coat I purchased back in 2004 during my uni days. This is still currently one of my favourite items in my wardrobe today. (Although I still need to wear it more often!) Slap on the wrist time It has this detailing in a gold piping and small eyelets with strings conjoining the top bodice and bottom bodice together, with a showing of scattering pieces of lace strings.

I thought I'll take a few snap shots of my muse Jou Jou Hyena wearing the coat, note it is probably more of a closer fit to myself, due to being slightly bigger than on my sister, and I thought I'll team the coat up with some new white wedges I requested from a friend of mine from Tokyo.

17 Comments:

  1. i lvoe the shoes and great coat ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is a work of art, just stunning. I heart the shoes, I love strap's ....very 'don't mess with me'. Great blog.

    Thank you for your lovely comment really sweet of you, get someone to show you how to play chess, far better than reading about it. I am rubbish, but I just love looking at my BF set (he is amazingly good at chess :P) Have a great week hunni xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda HutchinsApril 16, 2010 12:15 am

    A Stunning McQueen Coat do make sure you keep it and wear it girl!

    Love Your Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so in love with your coat and wedges!!
    loving the blog - great posts
    stop by some time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. suchhh an amazing jacket and shoes.
    he was such a genius he will be so very much missed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great piece, you're lucky to have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. What an awesome coat!

    http://www.linda-mari.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful piece-the details are exquisite! I love how you covered the model's face, so artistic.
    & did you post/paint the illustrations on the wall? so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so tragic that Alexander McQueen passed away, but at least his legacy lives on in his beautiful clothing. Gorgeous coat & shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That coat should be in a museum. The aesthetic is just phenomenal. But what I truly love are your shoes. The color. The buckles. The wedge. J'adore!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thnaks! :)
    i follow your blog, it's amazing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. thnaks! :)
    i follow your blog, it's amazing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of the most amazing coats I've ever seen. You're lucky to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the coat is fantastic with also amazing shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg love the coat~! and the shoes, the shoes oh lord XD

    and I agree with Cafe Fashionista, the coat does belong in a museum, it's magnificent (:

    R.I.P Alexander McQueen

    ReplyDelete

 

All rights reserved © The Guilty Hyena + Taste is the enemy of creativeness +

Created since 2010